Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Playing Catchup!!

The last 5 weeks has been a roller coaster ride of emotions. From one end
 of the spectrum to the other. And after arranging, planning, cooking and
 hosting 5 various events in those 5 weeks, quite frankly, l am exhausted. 

So today l am going to play a little catch up and over the next few posts,
share some of the wonderful events that have happened during those 5 weeks.



      First up, the raffle quilt.
Here is a photo of the finished quilt. l took myself off into my sewing room
on a Sunday and emerged 8 hours later with the finished quilt. My girlfriend machine
 quilted it for me, and now l am ready to start selling raffle tickets.
 Can you spot your block?
 l want to send a huge thank you to everyone who took the time to post a block.
l just love this quilt, and am sure the winner of the raffle will too.



Then l went to Sydney for the Sydney Quilt show. Even till the last moment, l was having doubts as to whether l should go. l knew l needed some time out, but there was this ash cloud hanging around, and l HAD to be home on the 23rd June. l took the risk,  and was met at the airport by Liz, and we spent the day visiting 4 quilt shops. This one, Calico and Ivy was my favorite.


l was on a mission to find fabrics to make a quilt for my great niece, Harper. Her mum
had sent a photo of the motifs in her room, and armed with this,
the shopping was easy. Here is the pile of fabric l collected that day. 


l will make a start this weekend, and l want something that's pretty, but will last
much longer than just the baby years. There are a few ideas floating in my head.
The chocolate solid was bought just this week on a trip to the city.
What would you make if you had these fabrics?



Wednesday we headed to the show, and spent a great day shopping, visiting,
and buying a few odds and ends. The quilts were great, and some
 wonderful winners, but the rules have changed and l can't show any here.
 This is the link you can go to to see the winners. Don't forget to check
 out all the categories at the top of the page.

One person l finally had the chance to meet was Rachael.
l had the raffle quilt with me, and here we are with the fussy cut  block Rachael sent me.



The ash cloud lifted in time for my return trip. l would like to send a very grateful thanks
to Liz for the care she took of my during my brief visit.
Liz, it was just what the doctor ordered.
 l hope l can repay the hospitality some time.

Well, that's all for tonight.
Be back soon with lots more exciting adventures.

Thanks for visiting.
Linda.


15 comments:

  1. I have just stumbled across your blog and though we don't know each other, my heart goes out to you for your recent loss. I have been looking through your blog, how much are the tickets and are they available? God Bless

    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow! the raffle quilt looks fantastic! can't wait to see it in the flesh....
    Julz

    ReplyDelete
  3. Raffle quilt looks great, no can't spot my block! guess I am too busy looking at everyone elses!!!!
    Glad you made it to Sydney you needed the break and there is no better way to spend a few days with quilts!
    kathie

    ReplyDelete
  4. The raffle quilt is a winner! Glad you had a fun get-away...always the best medicine. Can't wait to see what you make with the yummy new fabrics.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry I'll start again...The raffle Quilt is Just Beautiful...So Many Lovely Blocks..
    I have just come accross your blog so I missed out on sending a block in...
    Pity you couldn't stay at the show long enough to come to our Blog Meet...Maybe Next Year.
    I Love those Fabrics for your Next Project.
    Take care

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm in the USA and I'd love to buy a ticket for this quilt! How!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The raffle quilt turned out beautifully; I really like the sashing and post choices, too.
    If I had that pile of fabrics, they would just have to be petted for a while, and dreamed over!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The raffle quilt looks wonderful! Glad you got away and went to the show in Sydney. That quilt shop looks so cute. Have fun with those new fabrics!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm so happy you were able to escape to the city for a little while. The quilt looks great too!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Glad to hear you got to visit with Liz and get away for a few days. The quilt looks amazing. So how can us state side quilters purchase chances? You know we want to help!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Linda, I'm glad you enjoyed Sydney and meeting up with quilter friend. The raffle quilt is beautiful. I hope to see it in person at your exhibition soon - Relax and enjoy the rainbow this morning - big hugs from Nat

    ReplyDelete
  13. Linda, It was so lovely to meet you, I'm just sorry it was a bit rushed, that day was such a whirlwind! And what a treat to see the raffle quilt, it really is so stunning, and so special.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wonderful quilt ! It was a pleasure for me to participate to this raffle quilt. I am in France, so i wonder if tickets are available.
    Have a nice weekend
    FranceA

    ReplyDelete
  15. HI Linda.......
    Just found your blog via another blog while I was roaming aimlessly this afternoon and I am sure it was the siggy quilt I was going to make a block for but lost the blog address and where it was etc.........huge apology for that..........
    from what I can see of the quilt it looks great.......

    ReplyDelete

l love getting your comments. However, if you are a non-reply blogger, l can't reply.